Our conference was originally scheduled for May 18-21. We moved it back five months due to Covid-19.
The attendance was down. Normally we have around 200. We had 115 the first three days and 100 on day four. In the coronavirus new normal, that was surprisingly good attendance.
Between 30 and 60 people watched the conference live at YouTube. On our YouTube channel hundreds more have viewed the conference messages in the days since our conference. You should be able to see 19 of the messages—all of the plenary messages and six of the workshop messages—here. If you want to go directly to some of the messages, click on the following titles:
- Shawn Lazar, The Word of God
- Dix Winston, Irreplaceable Israel
- Bob Wilkin, God the Father
- Lucas Kitchen, The Doctrine of Rewards
- J. B. Bond, Being Saved Three Times
- Bob Wilkin, The Christian Walk
- Bob Bryant, The Doctrine of the Church
- David Janssen, Angels, Demons, Ghosts, & Zombies (starts at 9:24)
- John Claeys, The Free Grace Doctrine of the End Times
- Steve Thurman, Man, Sin, and the Grace of God
- Steve Elkins, The Doctrine of Salvation
- Nathanael Stevens, The Holy Spirit
- Ken Yates, The Person and Work of Christ
All those videos have between 175 and 700 views in the five days since the conference. These would be excellent not only for your personal edification, but also for home Bible studies, Sunday school classes, and Christian high schools and colleges.
There were four workshops led by women, and all four were very well attended and had excellent enthusiasm and content. We plan to continue having workshops led by women in future conferences.
All the messages, plenary and parallel, will be available on mp3 format soon.
Here are just a few of the highlights of what various speakers said:
- That God has spoken inerrantly to us in His Word is awesome and wonderful.
- When the plain sense of Scripture makes sense, seek no other sense.
- God’s promises to Israel are secure, just like the promise of life to the believer.
- God is eternal and He caused everything to come into existence in the cosmos.
- The meeting of the church should be around a memorial meal (deipnon in Greek).
- The Bible interprets experience. Experience does not interpret the Bible.
- Before the eternal state, Jesus will literally rule on earth for 1,000 years.
- The doctrines of salvation and of the end times are closely linked.
- No sin is an island unto itself.
- All we need to do to have everlasting life is believe in Christ for it.
- The Spirit leads, convicts, teaches, etc,, but He does not override the human will.
- Jesus is God’s final and perfect revelation to mankind.
- Unbelievers don’t have a sin problem; they have a Son problem.
It was a great conference. We are very thankful to all the speakers, conferees, GES staff, Coppell Bible Fellowship staff, Don Reiher and Danny Webster who filmed and recorded, and the Lord Himself who was constantly at work.
We are not sure at this time when and where the next conference will be. We are in the process of surveying the conferees. We may meet as planned in April. Or we might move to a summer date (July or August) or a fall date (September or October). The location might be the Hope Center in Plano or Coppell Bible Fellowship. We will keep everyone posted.