The conference ended two and a half hours ago. I’m sitting at my desk in the office, reflecting.
Here are some of the highlights as I remember them:
- We covered every verse in Ephesians over the four days.
- The plenary messages and the workshops were very well received.
- J. B. got a free Christian mug during the very last drawing we had. All together nearly half of the conferees won a book, mug, or discount coupon.
- We ended up with over 200 people registered.
- Shawn and I recorded two radio programs in front of the live audience.
- The entire conference prayed for Sharon and her recovery from the cancer treatments.
- The banquet was a big hit. Everyone seemed to love the barbeque (from Spring Creek BBQ).
- We had many more people under 40 this year than in the past, including one couple from South Africa who flew in for the conference.
- The worship times led by Kenny, Kaye, Charlie, and Holly were great. They picked great songs, did a great job leading the singing, really connected with the audience, and kept things on schedule too.
- We had more sales of books this year than probably ever before. I will know for sure when I get the final report from Bethany.
- People attended the conference from all over the U.S. as well as from South Africa, Canada, Ukraine, and Costa Rica.
Here are some of the comments from the conferees:
- Excellent—really enjoyed and looking forward to next year.
- High quality teaching from the Word.
- Very encouraging, sweet fellowship.
- Great, thorough teaching.
- This year’s conference was wind in my sails.
- It was our first year; we can’t wait to return.
- Loved it! Will be back!
- Very refreshing being around relaxed Christians and enjoyed intelligent conversations.
- Well worth the expense, time, and risk of death on Interstate 35.
- I want to bring many with me next year.
It was a very encouraging time for the conferees and for Shawn, Mark, Bethany, Ken, Sharon, and me. It was amazing to see how the Lord worked through a variety of speakers to cover all of Ephesians in four days.
If you couldn’t come this year, we hope you’ll find a way next May 18-21. It will be our vision conference. We want every believer to have 2020 vision. Next year is especially important in that regard.