To Submit a Job Opening
To post an opening, e-mail us a full description of the position. Please let us know when the position is filled so we can remove your listing.
Calvary Baptist Church
Port Arthur, TX
We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for the Youth Ministry at Calvary Baptist Church. A candidate must have a personal testimony of salvation, a teachable spirit, and a calling to minister Grace to the people God brings into their life. Above all else, this person will be a Spirit-led follower of Jesus Christ with a passion for youth and a clear calling to our church. A desire to lead worship would be beneficial. This position will be classified as a full-time position – but the church will understand if there is a need to be bi-vocational based on current financial needs.
* Gifted and called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
* Some prior leadership experience in a growing youth ministry and has experience in middle school/senior high youth ministry, and basic administrative skills.
* Possesses qualities needed for a youth ministry; for example, has a sense of humor, energetic, and authentic.
* Is an engaging teacher, with a strong biblical foundation, who is in agreement with Calvary Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith.
* Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive, self-starter with a positive attitude.
* Desires to continue their education or possesses a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
* Willing to become an engaged member of the Calvary Baptist Church community.
* Thrives within a team environment; with the pastoral staff, the deacons, church staff, committee members, and volunteers.
* Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision; flexible to changes in procedures and/or direction.
* Demonstrates a strong interpersonal and written communication skills
* Possesses strong computer skills & familiarity with social media tools and their use for ministering to youth.
* Lead staff efforts to maintain the youth ministry social media presence i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
* Has basic experience working with AV, multimedia, tech and presentation software.
* Ability to lead worship is desirous and beneficial.
We are a growing church in Port Acres division of Port Arthur, Texas. We are currently averaging around 65 on Sunday Morning Worship. Pastor Blake has been with us just under a year and we are seeing some growth in all areas of the Church. Our Youth have some wonderful volunteers that have been teaching and leading them for a few years. The Youth Department averages around 8-10 on a Wednesday Night. Our Minister of Music has retired recently, and we currently do not have a piano player. We are preparing the field for growth and are excited for what God will do through Calvary in our community.
Contact: Calvary Baptist Church 2208 Canal St. Port Arthur, TX 77640
Contact phone: Church Office – 409-736-1400; Pastor Cell – 409-217-2146
Contact email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cornerstone Community Church
Brookfield is a western suburb of Chicago. It’s a blue collar, middle class community, population 18,000, 68% white, 23% Latino. The community is about 60% middle aged and older. Only 16% are young families, yet 26% are children 17 & below.
The current pastor of 16 years who is 69 years old is retiring from full time church ministry. In general, the duties of the pastor shall be to preach and teach the Word of God faithfully, administer the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper, care faithfully for the spiritual life of the church and seek to evangelize the unsaved. To use a biblical analogy, it’s to be a shepherd to lead and feed the flock.
These are the current responsibilities. These will not all necessarily be in the future job description.
- Plan for and direct the 10:30 a.m. worship service weekly.
- As a musician, I plan the songs for each Sunday and lead our worship team, Stones Cry Out (Lk 19:40)
- As a messenger, I prepare expository messages each week.
- I teach an adult class each Sunday night at 6 p.m.
- I lead our once a month senior citizens ministry, Primetimers.
- I plan extra events like field trips (Museum of the Bible, Creation Museum and Ark Encounter), Passover Seder, periodic trips to Israel, concerts, picnic, etc.
- There are everyday administrative duties in the office to keep a church running.
- I generally oversee all the ministries of the church.
- I meet with people as needed, often from the church and with others to lead them to Christ.
- I make sure the building environment, heat and cool, is properly set for church events.
- I create a church budget every year.
This person must be a people person. He must be able to adequately handle the word of God and preach it in a way that is engaging and dynamic. Our church needs someone strong in evangelism to rebuild this church to what it once was. He should be a good teacher. He must be a self-starter who is well-organized. Administrative skills are a plus. He must love people.
We have 3 guiding principles for our Cornerstone theme.
- Theme: Sure Foundation from Isa 28:16 ‘Standing firm against the winds of adversity.’
- Motto: Grow in Grace & Knowledge from 2 Pet 3:18
- Focus: Thoroughly Biblical & Culturally Relevant from 1 Chron 12:32
Purpose: We use GEMS – Grow in grace & knowledge, Engage in ministry, Magnify the Lord, Share the gospel.
Our doctrinal statement aligns closely to that of DTS. We are a free grace, dispensational church.
We are committed to missions. We support 11 missionaries with 11% of our budget.
Church Phone: (708)485-8730
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Mail resumes to: Cornerstone Community Church 9008 Fairview Ave, Brookfield, IL 60513
Burleson Bible Church
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Pastor along with the elders will provide leadership to the church staff and set a Biblical example in teaching and living for the entire church body.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Pastor will be the teaching shepherd for this body of believers, with primary responsibility for teaching God’s Truth. He will provide leadership with the elders and pastoral staff, assisting the elder board to guard the doctrine of the church from error, and helping each person to grow to spiritual maturity.
The Senior Pastor shall serve as follows:
- Be the point man for the staff, Elder board and congregation. As such, his primary focus will be the general welfare and shepherding of the church body and includes the evaluation of and prayer for the spiritual needs of the congregation.
- Be primarily responsible for the preaching and teaching of the Word of God during Sunday morning services and as often as the elder board deems necessary on other occasions. This includes weekly sermon preparation and delivery as well as overall sermon planning.
- Work in coordination with the worship pastor to ensure all public worship glorifies God. Involves long range service planning and scheduling.
- Cast the vision for the church’s future. Work closely with the staff and elders to: identify needs of the church, and, to plan and develop new ideas, ministries and programs, through attainable and measurable goals.
- Lead, disciple and guide the pastoral staff. Develop a team mentality and encourage proper relationships.
- Provide counsel and spiritual insight to the church board. Work closely with the elders to advise, mentor, and assist in developing vision and teamwork.
- Provide oversight of weddings, funerals, and other special occasions. Includes responsibility for premarital counseling, etc.
- Provide short-term counseling (e.g., premarital, personal, marital) and direct members of the congregation to other qualified resources for long-term counseling or areas outside of his expertise.
- Coordinate other areas of ministry provided to the church body, e.g., hospital visitation, outreach, follow-up of visitors, etc.
Education – M.Div. Preferred
Experience – 5 years preferred
Ethnicity – any
Burleson Bible Church is located just south of Fort Worth on I-35. We are small Bible church averaging 80 people in attendance on Sunday morning.
Church website: www.burlesonbiblechurch.org
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to submit a resume.
Cherry Grove Church
Dry Creek, LA
We are a loving rural church with around 75-100 in attendance on Sunday morning. We have a large Wednesday night service with anywhere between 50-100 youth and children (this is our outreach). Our church is known for being in harmony and very loving. We are Free Grace and extremely cautious in our search for a new pastor.
We have a parsonage 50 ft from the church. Our budget is comparable to churches our size. We have a local pre k-12 grade A school a short distance and many school teachers in our church.
Contact: Craig Hill
Contact email: email@example.com
Lacey Bible Church
Olympia Metro Area, Western WA
Lacey Bible Church is a small but rapidly growing church in the South Puget Sound region of Washington State. It is 12 minutes from the state capital in Olympia, and 17 minutes from Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM), the 4th largest military installation worldwide. We are 50 miles south of downtown Seattle, or about an hour depending on traffic.
Our Church Mission: To make generations of disciples who love like Jesus. We find a mission all throughout the Scriptures– bringing the grace, truth, and love of God to our world. Our goal is to create a church that lives on mission continually to reach out to the next generation.
What we are looking for: We are growing and want to start developing future leaders. As we add more staff positions we’d like to hire folks we already know rather than strangers. Thus, we want to bring some folks on board to join our team in a part-time capacity now as interns while they finish school or they are just getting started in ministry. The goal is to have folks stay for a least a year (or more) so that we can invest in their development and we can evaluate if they might be a good future fit for our team. We are open to single guys, gals as well as married couples. We have housing on our campus– a nice two-bedroom 1100 sqft parsonage– that we are envisioning as the primary compensation initially.
● A clear understanding and ability to communicate the gospel–and the willingness to do so.
● A clear understanding of our walk as believers by means of grace–and who are doing so.
● A relational and philosophy of ministry match with our current team.
● Servant leader, self-starting team player, with a positive can-do attitude.
● Completed, or completing, or starting formal Bible training with the intent to serve in ministry.
● Willingness to attend and make Lacey Bible Church your church.
1. Live in a way that respects Jesus and the truth of the Bible– morally, ethically, and relationally.
2. Work part-time with the church pastoral team (10-20 hours per week), specific areas to depend on gifting and experience some possibilities:
● Growing, finding, and cultivating musicians and helping lead worship
● Investing in families and youth and helping raise up the next generation
● Leading serving and gospel outreach in the community
● Counseling and helping those hurting in the community
● Being a relational disciple-maker in a multigenerational church family
● Being an evangelist through new relationships
● Teaching a class or perhaps preaching on a Sunday morning
3. Work part-time in the secular world (10-30 hours per week) to develop an understanding of the local culture, expand your circle of influence, and help provide for yourself financially. This time may be substituted with school or seminary depending on where you are at in the process.
Skip this job posting if you:
● Don’t believe the only means of receiving the free gift of eternal life is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Son of God, who died on the cross as our substitute, fully satisfying the requirement for our justification, and was raised from the dead.
● Hold a strong reformed Calvinistic perspective (We love you, but 5 pointers need not apply).
● Hold a strong complementarian perspective (i.e.: if you don’t think women should be formally serving as leaders in ministry this won’t be a good fit.).
● Allegorize the Scriptures (i.e.: try to make it mean something other than what the original author intended to his original audience).
● Are overwhelmingly introverted (Ministry involves people.).
● Need micromanagement (We don’t have time for it.).
● Cannot handle amazing summers: hiking, biking, kayaking, mountains, or the beach.
Take a good close read at our doctrine to make sure you are aligned with us: https://www.laceybiblechurch.org/what-we-believe-teach/
Take a look at these core values and ask yourself if they resonate with you: https://www.laceybiblechurch.org/values/
If you haven’t already, look around the website. Watch a sermon. Listen to the music. Is this a place you’d fit into? If so, send me your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get a conversation started.
Oak Hills Church
Oak Hills Church is looking to fill the position of Christian Education director. We are a small but growing church in what is now one of the fastest growing areas in Texas (Argyle and surrounding communities). We move into our new building (debt-free) this November,
complete with a children’s area that is prepared for the growth that is coming. We partner with The Nest, a Christian pre-school that meets in our facility, and they are experiencing rapid growth.
The start-up pay is $10,000. Most of the work takes place on Sunday mornings. There is a budget to hire workers for the nursery.
We are looking for a couple, preferably with kids, who love children and their parents. Christian education is helpful, but not mandatory.
Contact: Mark Piland
Contact Phone/Email: 817-228-3151; email@example.com
Church Website: oakhillsfreechurch.com
Crosspoint Community Church
Crosspoint Community Church is currently seeking a part-time youth pastor who can commit to 15-20 hrs a week. Crosspoint Community Church is a mid-sized church with 140-200 in weekly attendance. We have recently reformatted our children’s ministry and are looking to restructure our youth program. We currently have 15-18 youth. This is a great opportunity to come on board with a phenomenal teaching staff who is committed to the scriptures, serving its community and growing its next generation of believers.
The Youth Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of middle and high school students (grades 6-12). This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events (camps, conferences, trips, service projects, etc.)
Essential Job Functions
1. Lead a team of paid staff and volunteers in the creation and operation of a 6th-12th grade student ministry, including weekly services and routine special events.
2. Plan and execute Biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high energy services for middle and high school students.
3. Create and manage a 6-12th student ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
4. Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
5. Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
6. Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
7. Cast vision for, teach, and program the church’s annual fall retreat for high school students including music selection, development of messages/teaching, and utilization of games and other artistic elements in the inspiration of middle and high school students in learning about God.
8. Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings in order to meet the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
9. Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of student ministry facilities and grounds.
10. Assist in the development of an annual budget for middle and high school student ministries and manage spending to budget.
11. Must be willing to participate and complete continuing education related to youth ministry (i.,e youth conferences, seminars, webinars, online training, etc.,)
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a staff member in a student ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) We prefer an average of 25-30 yrs of age. The successful individual will be a strong leader with proven leadership ability and solid work ethic, Possessing a passion for teaching students about God and the ability to administrate as a department head. A working knowledge of creative programming related to student programs and special events is a real plus.
Contact: Michael Brown
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Community Bible Church
We are a church of about 325 people that is located about 28 miles southwest of Houston in one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. We currently have two Sunday morning services, but we are about to begin the construction of a new sanctuary, as our plan is to combine both services. We have nice facilities and no debt. We highly value biblical teaching, and our worship singing is predominantly contemporary. We have a good mix of older and younger families, a thriving AWANA program, and we are very missions-minded.
We are seeking an Associate Pastor who has a seminary degree. Though this job will require one to wear many hats, some of the more important responsibilities will be the following:
1) Pastoral care over younger marrieds and singles
2) Preaching frequently throughout the year.
3) Heading up adult education and teaching a weekly Sunday morning Bible class.
Pay for this position includes a salary with benefits. The total package to some extent will be based upon experience.
Contact: Andrea Sylve
Contact email: email@example.com Please send a resume before contacting.
Church website: https://www.insidegrace.org