To Submit a Job Opening
To post an opening, e-mail us a full description of the position. Please let us know when the position is filled so we can remove your listing.
Calvary Baptist Church
Port Arthur, TX
We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for the Youth Ministry at Calvary Baptist Church. A candidate must have a personal testimony of salvation, a teachable spirit, and a calling to minister Grace to the people God brings into their life. Above all else, this person will be a Spirit-led follower of Jesus Christ with a passion for youth and a clear calling to our church. A desire to lead worship would be beneficial. This position will be classified as a full-time position – but the church will understand if there is a need to be bi-vocational based on current financial needs.
* Gifted and called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
* Some prior leadership experience in a growing youth ministry and has experience in middle school/senior high youth ministry, and basic administrative skills.
* Possesses qualities needed for a youth ministry; for example, has a sense of humor, energetic, and authentic.
* Is an engaging teacher, with a strong biblical foundation, who is in agreement with Calvary Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith.
* Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive, self-starter with a positive attitude.
* Desires to continue their education or possesses a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
* Willing to become an engaged member of the Calvary Baptist Church community.
* Thrives within a team environment; with the pastoral staff, the deacons, church staff, committee members, and volunteers.
* Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision; flexible to changes in procedures and/or direction.
* Demonstrates a strong interpersonal and written communication skills
* Possesses strong computer skills & familiarity with social media tools and their use for ministering to youth.
* Lead staff efforts to maintain the youth ministry social media presence i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
* Has basic experience working with AV, multimedia, tech and presentation software.
* Ability to lead worship is desirous and beneficial.
We are a growing church in Port Acres division of Port Arthur, Texas. We are currently averaging around 65 on Sunday Morning Worship. Pastor Blake has been with us just under a year and we are seeing some growth in all areas of the Church. Our Youth have some wonderful volunteers that have been teaching and leading them for a few years. The Youth Department averages around 8-10 on a Wednesday Night. Our Minister of Music has retired recently, and we currently do not have a piano player. We are preparing the field for growth and are excited for what God will do through Calvary in our community.
Contact: Calvary Baptist Church 2208 Canal St. Port Arthur, TX 77640
Contact phone: Church Office – 409-736-1400; Pastor Cell – 409-217-2146
Contact email – email@example.com
Cherry Grove Church
Dry Creek, LA
We are a loving rural church with around 75-100 in attendance on Sunday morning. We have a large Wednesday night service with anywhere between 50-100 youth and children (this is our outreach). Our church is known for being in harmony and very loving. We are Free Grace and extremely cautious in our search for a new pastor.
We have a parsonage 50 ft from the church. Our budget is comparable to churches our size. We have a local pre k-12 grade A school a short distance and many school teachers in our church.
Contact: Craig Hill
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oak Hills Church
Oak Hills Church is looking to fill the position of Christian Education director. We are a small but growing church in what is now one of the fastest growing areas in Texas (Argyle and surrounding communities). We move into our new building (debt-free) this November,
complete with a children’s area that is prepared for the growth that is coming. We partner with The Nest, a Christian pre-school that meets in our facility, and they are experiencing rapid growth.
The start-up pay is $10,000. Most of the work takes place on Sunday mornings. There is a budget to hire workers for the nursery.
We are looking for a couple, preferably with kids, who love children and their parents. Christian education is helpful, but not mandatory.
Contact: Mark Piland
Contact Phone/Email: 817-228-3151; email@example.com
Church Website: oakhillsfreechurch.com
Crosspoint Community Church
Crosspoint Community Church is currently seeking a part-time youth pastor who can commit to 15-20 hrs a week. Crosspoint Community Church is a mid-sized church with 140-200 in weekly attendance. We have recently reformatted our children’s ministry and are looking to restructure our youth program. We currently have 15-18 youth. This is a great opportunity to come on board with a phenomenal teaching staff who is committed to the scriptures, serving its community and growing its next generation of believers.
The Youth Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of middle and high school students (grades 6-12). This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events (camps, conferences, trips, service projects, etc.)
Essential Job Functions
1. Lead a team of paid staff and volunteers in the creation and operation of a 6th-12th grade student ministry, including weekly services and routine special events.
2. Plan and execute Biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high energy services for middle and high school students.
3. Create and manage a 6-12th student ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
4. Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
5. Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
6. Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
7. Cast vision for, teach, and program the church’s annual fall retreat for high school students including music selection, development of messages/teaching, and utilization of games and other artistic elements in the inspiration of middle and high school students in learning about God.
8. Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings in order to meet the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
9. Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of student ministry facilities and grounds.
10. Assist in the development of an annual budget for middle and high school student ministries and manage spending to budget.
11. Must be willing to participate and complete continuing education related to youth ministry (i.,e youth conferences, seminars, webinars, online training, etc.,)
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a staff member in a student ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) We prefer an average of 25-30 yrs of age. The successful individual will be a strong leader with proven leadership ability and solid work ethic, Possessing a passion for teaching students about God and the ability to administrate as a department head. A working knowledge of creative programming related to student programs and special events is a real plus.
Contact: Michael Brown
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Community Bible Church
We are a church of about 325 people that is located about 28 miles southwest of Houston in one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. We currently have two Sunday morning services, but we are about to begin the construction of a new sanctuary, as our plan is to combine both services. We have nice facilities and no debt. We highly value biblical teaching, and our worship singing is predominantly contemporary. We have a good mix of older and younger families, a thriving AWANA program, and we are very missions-minded.
We are seeking an Associate Pastor who has a seminary degree. Though this job will require one to wear many hats, some of the more important responsibilities will be the following:
1) Pastoral care over younger marrieds and singles
2) Preaching frequently throughout the year.
3) Heading up adult education and teaching a weekly Sunday morning Bible class.
Pay for this position includes a salary with benefits. The total package to some extent will be based upon experience.
Contact: Andrea Sylve
Contact email: email@example.com Please send a resume before contacting.
Church website: https://www.insidegrace.org
Vice President of Mobilization, Full Time
East West Ministries
The VP of Mobilization is responsible for leading the mobilization strategy for East-West Ministries. This includes the oversight of mobilizing prayer partners, church partners, long term, mid-term missionaries and short term mission trips to meet the goals of East-West. The VP of Mobilization is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the recruiting and hiring for all operational and missionary positions for the organization. Additionally, the VP of Mobilization will oversee the onboarding of new missionaries including orientation and training of missionaries and new operational hires. The VP of Mobilization oversees completion of field ministry deployment requirements. The VP of Mobilization will provide oversight of all assessments (SOI, Myers Briggs, Strength Finders, DISC, misc.). The VP of Mobilization will oversee the communication of the Mobilization Department with all mobilized partners and resources to leverage opportunities for further engagement with East-West.
- BA degree or equivalent experience required, preferably within discipline
- 5-10 years minimum experience working in mobilization and/or missions role, required
- 5-10 years of ministry/nonprofit experience, required
- Experience with assessments (ex: Style of Influence, Myers Briggs, Strength Finders, Discovery Report, etc.)
- Management experience
- Uphold a close and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Demonstrates a healthy, growing spiritual life, including a servant attitude toward leadership responsibilities
- Ability to travel at least once a year on a short term mission trip
- Ability to provide clear direction during stressful situation
This is a fully support-raised position.
Contact: Chelsea Christopher
Contact email: Cchristopher@eastwest.org
Contact phone: (972) 941-4500