To Submit a Job Opening
If your church wants to post a position opening, you must be listed on our Church Tracker, which requires your church leadership to agree with our Affirmations of Belief.
To post an opening, e-mail us a full description of the position. Please let us know when the position is filled so we can remove your listing.
Pastor/Primary Teaching Elder
Family Life Pastor
Grace Bible Church
- The candidate must have believed in Jesus for eternal life and meet the ministerial qualifications as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Free Grace theological foundation desired
- Master’s degree preferred or at least bachelor’s degree in Bible/ministry
- Minimum 2 years of ministry experience required.
- Administrative, communication, and interpersonal skills needed.
- A deep vibrant walk with Jesus
- A genuine love for people, and seeking a long-term position
- Experience with youth and/or kids ministry strongly preferred.
- Expertise in social media
- Understanding unique needs of ministering to native Americans
The Family Life Pastor is a combination role that equips parents, oversees our children’s ministry, directly leads our youth ministry, has a presence in our community, and is able topreach occasionally. We desire to be a church where families raise up the next godly generation of leaders.
Oversee our Children’s Ministry
- Oversee and organize First Church’s children’s department. The Children’s Ministry consists of all ministries related to children ages birth – 5th grade.
- Provide pastoral leadership to our Early Childhood and Kids Church Directors, and parents with regular team meetings.
- Responsible for the check-in system on Wednesdays and Sundays and coordinate church background check program.
- Ensure that our ministries for kids are Biblical, scripture memory, stable, consistent, safe, well-staffed, positive, creative, and fun.
Direct leadership over the Youth Ministry
- Lead our Sunday youth services which teach God’s word and how to walk with God.
- Provide students with regular opportunities to attend special events.
- Reach out and build relationships with families who have children/ youth in our community.
- Recruit volunteers and have regular team meetings.
- Promote, fundraise, and attend youth events (summer camp, winter camp, missions trips).
- Help parents learn what ‘raising up a child in the fear and admonition of the Lord’ is.
The Family Life Pastor is preferably a full-time position. Full time salary package is negotiable ($45-$55K), DOE. The position includes family health insurance, employer contribution to retirement, three weeks PTO, and other fringe benefits.
Contact email: Jason Lancaster, email@example.com
Hackensack Campus Pastor
Hawthorne Gospel Church
Senior Pastor & Executive Pastor
To become a part of the pastoral leadership team at Hawthorne Gospel with the specific purpose of leading and shepherding the Hackensack Campus congregation to become more fully devoted followers of Christ.
Preaching & Teaching – Preach and teach regularly, along with other pastors on the HGC staff. Two characteristics identify our preaching method.
First, our preaching is expository in nature. While each pastor varies in the style of his preaching all the pastors need to preach in an expository manner, seeking to expound, explain, and apply God’s Word. Second, our preaching is doctrinally sound and from a Free-Grace perspective. While we all have various opinions regarding specific interpretation of Biblical passages, all pastors need to agree with our doctrinal statement and approach their teaching from a Free-Grace perspective.
A Free-Grace perspective understands good works not as a condition to merit (as with Catholics), maintain (as with Arminians), or to prove (as with some Calvinists) salvation, but rather are part of discipleship and the basis for receiving or losing eternal rewards. Free-Grace distinguishes between salvation and discipleship – the call to believe in Christ as Savior and to receive the gift of eternal life, and the call to follow Christ and become an obedient disciple, respectively.
Operations/Facilities– Give general oversight of the operations of the ministry, staff, facilities, and any other areas as needed.
Mission & Vision– Execute the overall vision and mission of the church. Praying and strategizing about the future of the church and taking steps to make sure that we are going in the direction of our vision and mission. Communicating this vision clearly to staff and our church people. Work in the planning and execution of church-wide initiatives.
Leadership– Make every effort to maintain a healthy church system and structure that promotes consistent progress, assessment, accountability, and communication among the staff and the entire church.
School– Serve as “school pastor” to the students and staff of Bergen County Christian Academy, and be available for pastoral responsibilities associated with that role.
Assimilation–Introduce the people of our church to Christ, what HGC is about, and what our church has to offer. Connect people to different ministries where they might be involved and find community in our church and growth in their spiritual lives.
Determine and direct the structure of all services at Hackensack.
Work with current Hawthorne staff to begin to implement the children’s, youth, outreach, missions, music, etc. ministries and then oversee those ministries. Evaluate ministry effectiveness in the various programs and ministries throughout the church. Make determination of the need to start new ministries.
Assist in the screening and placement of volunteers.
Disciple/mentor lay leaders.
Lead studies and prayer meeting throughout the week as needed.
Provide pastoral counseling as needed.
Perform weddings and funerals as needed.
Provide visitation to congregants as needed.
Preach in Hawthorne as needed.
Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor and/or Executive Pastor.
Attend weekly staff meetings.
Serve as a member of the Hackensack Spiritual Leadership Team.
Other duties as assigned.
Actively pursuing God and growing in Christlikeness.
Practicing a life and ministry characterized by godliness, integrity, and authenticity.
Bible training from a Biblically sound college and/or seminary.
Extensive experience preaching.
Demonstate a high level of excellence and competency through current and/or past experience in ministry.
Ability to build, lead, and manage effective staff and volunteer teams.
Ability to serve under Senior Leadership and Elders and alongside Pastoral Staff.
Compensation dependent upon qualifications and experience. Possible housing provided as part of compensation.
To Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to Pastor Kirk De Boer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Ministries Pastor
Grace Bible Church
Mission Statement for GBC Youth Ministry
Provide support and encouragement to parents in the process of raising their children and develop a culture where students are transformed into independent disciples of Jesus Christ and are given the opportunity to become active members of the church body.
The Pastor of Student Ministries is responsible for all ministries to junior high and senior high students, including Sunday school, youth group, retreats, and special programs. He will be expected to support the regular services of the church and encourage the youth to do likewise.
- Embraces and then instructs consistent with the full Grace Bible Church doctrinal statement
- Provide oversight of all Youth Ministry programs, making sure that we are using strategies that will accomplish our objective of “making disciples”.
- Coordinate the recruitment and training of volunteers necessary to effectively minister to the youth.
- Teach high school students or recruit/train someone who will do an effective job, developing a curriculum that will prepare our high school students to think biblically as they head into college and/or careers.
- Develop ministry skills in student leaders through personal relationships and training
- Provide oversight to summer camp activities and mission opportunities
- Develop and encourage ministry opportunities for the youth to participate in (i.e. children’s church, helping the elderly, etc.)
- Evaluate and co-ordinate material being used in Sunday School and children’s church
- Stay connected with parents, providing them with materials and training to help them in raising their children
- Meet with elders and staff on a regular basis to communicate goals, objectives, and needs as well as keep the church calendar current with youth-ministry information
- Assist in pastoral duties (church services, visitations, and other ministries) as requested
- Provide oversight for Children’s Church and Nursery ministries.
- Be willing to attend school events to build relationships with the youth.
- A strong walk with God through a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Teachable and humble with a desire to grow in their faith and abilities
- A self-starter – highly motivated
- Has a passion for youth ministry
- An enthusiastic, clear communicator of Biblical truths
- Understands youth culture and difficulties today
- A Christ-like role model who leads with humility and a servant’s heart
- An ability to lovingly work through conflict when necessary
- Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others)
Contact email: email@example.com
Church website: www.gbcbellevue.org
New Braunfels Bible Church
New Braunfels, TX
NBBC Vision of Student Ministry: To develop spiritual discipline in the lives of youth, engage young people in contemporary spiritual discussion, and effectively reach non-churched youth with the gospel.
Employment Status: The Student Ministries Director is a full-time pastoral position with New Braunfels Bible Church. The Student Ministries Director serves under the oversight of the Senior Pastor and elders of NBBC.
General Requirements and Qualifications: To realize the NBBC vision of student ministry, the following qualities should be evident in the Student Ministry Director:
- Spiritual maturity in personal attitudes and actions, habits and relationships
- Love for youth and ability to connect with and mentor them toward a godliness
- Understanding of and commitment to grace theology
- Teachability’ and a desire to grow in the grace and the knowledge of Christ
- A ‘team builder’ – engaging, open and responsive, drawing others in
- Organizer/manages details; administers youth ministries
- Biblically/theologically grounded, in agreement with NBBC’s doctrinal statement
Training and Experience: Bible college or seminary training is preferred, and previous full-time youth ministry leadership is desired.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a dynamic weekly program providing opportunity for spiritual growth by:
- Overseeing and creating a vision for the overall youth/young adult ministry
- Planning meetings and activities that build community among youth groups
- Planning content of Sunday classes and other meetings to help Christian students effectively confront real spiritual issues facing them today
- Develop and strengthen leaders for the various student ministries by:
- Recruiting adult leaders with a passion for shepherding young people
- Providing training for new leaders, and continuing training for existing leaders
- Seek to reach non-churched young people by:
- Hosting meetings/activities where non-church youth are drawn to consider Christ
- Providing training for students in sharing their faith with others
- Infecting youth with a vision to reproduce by sharing the gospel with unsaved friends
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Calvary Baptist Church
Port Arthur, TX
We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for the Youth Ministry at Calvary Baptist Church. A candidate must have a personal testimony of salvation, a teachable spirit, and a calling to minister Grace to the people God brings into their life. Above all else, this person will be a Spirit-led follower of Jesus Christ with a passion for youth and a clear calling to our church. A desire to lead worship would be beneficial. This position will be classified as a full-time position – but the church will understand if there is a need to be bi-vocational based on current financial needs.
* Gifted and called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
* Some prior leadership experience in a growing youth ministry and has experience in middle school/senior high youth ministry, and basic administrative skills.
* Possesses qualities needed for a youth ministry; for example, has a sense of humor, energetic, and authentic.
* Is an engaging teacher, with a strong biblical foundation, who is in agreement with Calvary Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith.
* Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive, self-starter with a positive attitude.
* Desires to continue their education or possesses a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
* Willing to become an engaged member of the Calvary Baptist Church community.
* Thrives within a team environment; with the pastoral staff, the deacons, church staff, committee members, and volunteers.
* Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision; flexible to changes in procedures and/or direction.
* Demonstrates a strong interpersonal and written communication skills
* Possesses strong computer skills & familiarity with social media tools and their use for ministering to youth.
* Lead staff efforts to maintain the youth ministry social media presence i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
* Has basic experience working with AV, multimedia, tech and presentation software.
* Ability to lead worship is desirous and beneficial.
We are a growing church in Port Acres division of Port Arthur, Texas. We are currently averaging around 65 on Sunday Morning Worship. Pastor Blake has been with us just under a year and we are seeing some growth in all areas of the Church. Our Youth have some wonderful volunteers that have been teaching and leading them for a few years. The Youth Department averages around 8-10 on a Wednesday Night. Our Minister of Music has retired recently, and we currently do not have a piano player. We are preparing the field for growth and are excited for what God will do through Calvary in our community.
Contact: Calvary Baptist Church 2208 Canal St. Port Arthur, TX 77640
Contact phone: Church Office – 409-736-1400; Pastor Cell – 409-217-2146
Contact email – email@example.com
Cresco Community Chapel
JOB DESCRIPTION: The one called by the church shall provide spiritual guidance as an Equipper-Pastor-Teacher, who mobilizes the congregation in ministry (Eph 4:11-12); who keeps the church Purpose/Vision/Mission before the congregation, who guards the flock from false teaching and errant conduct. He shall lead as one called to proclaim God's truth and as an example of one following God in faithful obedience.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: The suitable candidate will be assessed by the following criteria:
1. Family: married; family embraces his call to ministry
2. Significant cultural connection with the Midwest
3. A life-long learner
4. A self-starter; relationally approachable; self-aware
1. Meets the character criteria for elders in 1 Tim 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
2. Endorse without mental reservation the church’s statement of faith
3. Understands and embraces free grace theology
4. Demonstrable gifting in the areas of preaching/teaching and leadership
5. A warm, growing walk with Christ
1. Prefer at least a Master of Divinity or equivalent
2. Ordained by a like-minded body
3. Prefer at least five years’ experience as lead pastor or equivalent
4. Be able to embrace the church’s Purpose/Vision/Mission statements (below)
5. Commit to working within the Pastor-Elder leadership team
6. Commit to working with the church Ministry Team structure (below)
7. Demonstrate capacity to assess and nurture congregational health
CONTACT EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHURCH WEBSITE: www.crescocommunitychapel.org
CONTACT PHONE: 218-760-3663 (Dr. Glenn Johnson, chairman pastor search)
CHURCH ADDRESS: 24024 Highway 9 East, Cresco, IA 52136-8500
Who We Are:
We are a growing body with a strong core of committed, mature Christ followers who are looking for our next Senior Pastor. Located in Ephrata, WA, in central Washington within the Columbia Basin, GracePoint is a church committed to loving God and people.
Our Core Values:
- We believe in the inerrancy of the Word of God
- That salvation comes by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and that no repentance, feelings, good resolutions, sincere effort or submission to rules can add to the finished work of Christ
- We are dispensational in theology and believe in a pretribulational rapture of the church.
- We are passionate about missions
- We cherish strong expositional teaching
- Believe God is calling us to be more outward focused and engaged with the unchurched
- We believe we are called to rebuild our youth ministries, and to grow our discipleship of our current attendees.
- Clearly preach the Word and communicate a comprehensive understanding of the Bible, Christian theology and how both are relevant to contemporary life.
- Provide pastoral care with the love of Christ, demonstrating warmth, openness and sensitivity to the needs of the body through visitation, conducting weddings, funerals, and baptisms.
- Spiritual oversight along with the development and discipling of new leaders within the church.
- Serve as a full member of the elder team proclaiming GracePoint’s mission and vision and overseeing its ministries.
- Continually work to develop preaching and teaching methods that inspire spiritual growth within the congregation.
- Master of Divinity degree or equivalent and at least four years of experience as a senior pastor.
- Have tech literacy and are willing to embrace technology as a tool for ministry.
- A long-term commitment to ministry in a smaller rural setting.
Review our process, profiles, and statement of faith on our website at: https://www.gracepointephrata.org/fbc/senior-pastor-job-opening/. If after reviewing you would like to apply for the position, please send an email to the address provided on our website along with your cover letter and resume. Please be sure to note your years and types of ministerial experience, education, and personal information including age, family, contact information, and social media handles. Once we receive your cover letter and resume we will provide you with the next steps in our process.
Benefits: The total salary package will range between $70,000-$90,000 dependent on experience and includes fund for salary, housing allowance, retirement, health insurance, and pastoral expenses.
West Side Bible Church
West Side is an independent Bible Church that has been continuously ministering God’s Word since 1968. During that time they have had only two pastors, and the current Pastor will soon be retiring. West Side is now seeking a qualified Senior Pastor to fill that position.
If you are interested in the ministry opportunity at West Side Bible Church, please visit our website https://westsidebiblechurch.org/pastornextpackage/.
Review the materials completely, and send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Cornerstone Community Church
Brookfield is a western suburb of Chicago. It’s a blue collar, middle class community, population 18,000, 68% white, 23% Latino. The community is about 60% middle aged and older. Only 16% are young families, yet 26% are children 17 & below.
The current pastor of 16 years who is 69 years old is retiring from full time church ministry. In general, the duties of the pastor shall be to preach and teach the Word of God faithfully, administer the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper, care faithfully for the spiritual life of the church and seek to evangelize the unsaved. To use a biblical analogy, it’s to be a shepherd to lead and feed the flock.
These are the current responsibilities. These will not all necessarily be in the future job description.
- Plan for and direct the 10:30 a.m. worship service weekly.
- As a musician, I plan the songs for each Sunday and lead our worship team, Stones Cry Out (Lk 19:40)
- As a messenger, I prepare expository messages each week.
- I teach an adult class each Sunday night at 6 p.m.
- I lead our once a month senior citizens ministry, Primetimers.
- I plan extra events like field trips (Museum of the Bible, Creation Museum and Ark Encounter), Passover Seder, periodic trips to Israel, concerts, picnic, etc.
- There are everyday administrative duties in the office to keep a church running.
- I generally oversee all the ministries of the church.
- I meet with people as needed, often from the church and with others to lead them to Christ.
- I make sure the building environment, heat and cool, is properly set for church events.
- I create a church budget every year.
This person must be a people person. He must be able to adequately handle the word of God and preach it in a way that is engaging and dynamic. Our church needs someone strong in evangelism to rebuild this church to what it once was. He should be a good teacher. He must be a self-starter who is well-organized. Administrative skills are a plus. He must love people.
We have 3 guiding principles for our Cornerstone theme.
- Theme: Sure Foundation from Isa 28:16 ‘Standing firm against the winds of adversity.’
- Motto: Grow in Grace & Knowledge from 2 Pet 3:18
- Focus: Thoroughly Biblical & Culturally Relevant from 1 Chron 12:32
Purpose: We use GEMS – Grow in grace & knowledge, Engage in ministry, Magnify the Lord, Share the gospel.
Our doctrinal statement aligns closely to that of DTS. We are a free grace, dispensational church.
We are committed to missions. We support 11 missionaries with 11% of our budget.
Church Phone: (708)485-8730
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail resumes to: Cornerstone Community Church 9008 Fairview Ave, Brookfield, IL 60513
Cherry Grove Church
Dry Creek, LA
We are a loving rural church with around 75-100 in attendance on Sunday morning. We have a large Wednesday night service with anywhere between 50-100 youth and children (this is our outreach). Our church is known for being in harmony and very loving. We are Free Grace and extremely cautious in our search for a new pastor.
We have a parsonage 50 ft from the church. Our budget is comparable to churches our size. We have a local pre k-12 grade A school a short distance and many school teachers in our church.
Contact: Craig Hill
Contact email: email@example.com
Lacey Bible Church
Olympia Metro Area, Western WA
Lacey Bible Church is a small but rapidly growing church in the South Puget Sound region of Washington State. It is 12 minutes from the state capital in Olympia, and 17 minutes from Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM), the 4th largest military installation worldwide. We are 50 miles south of downtown Seattle, or about an hour depending on traffic.
Our Church Mission: To make generations of disciples who love like Jesus. We find a mission all throughout the Scriptures– bringing the grace, truth, and love of God to our world. Our goal is to create a church that lives on mission continually to reach out to the next generation.
What we are looking for: We are growing and want to start developing future leaders. As we add more staff positions we’d like to hire folks we already know rather than strangers. Thus, we want to bring some folks on board to join our team in a part-time capacity now as interns while they finish school or they are just getting started in ministry. The goal is to have folks stay for a least a year (or more) so that we can invest in their development and we can evaluate if they might be a good future fit for our team. We are open to single guys, gals as well as married couples. We have housing on our campus– a nice two-bedroom 1100 sqft parsonage– that we are envisioning as the primary compensation initially.
● A clear understanding and ability to communicate the gospel–and the willingness to do so.
● A clear understanding of our walk as believers by means of grace–and who are doing so.
● A relational and philosophy of ministry match with our current team.
● Servant leader, self-starting team player, with a positive can-do attitude.
● Completed, or completing, or starting formal Bible training with the intent to serve in ministry.
● Willingness to attend and make Lacey Bible Church your church.
1. Live in a way that respects Jesus and the truth of the Bible– morally, ethically, and relationally.
2. Work part-time with the church pastoral team (10-20 hours per week), specific areas to depend on gifting and experience some possibilities:
● Growing, finding, and cultivating musicians and helping lead worship
● Investing in families and youth and helping raise up the next generation
● Leading serving and gospel outreach in the community
● Counseling and helping those hurting in the community
● Being a relational disciple-maker in a multigenerational church family
● Being an evangelist through new relationships
● Teaching a class or perhaps preaching on a Sunday morning
3. Work part-time in the secular world (10-30 hours per week) to develop an understanding of the local culture, expand your circle of influence, and help provide for yourself financially. This time may be substituted with school or seminary depending on where you are at in the process.
Skip this job posting if you:
● Don’t believe the only means of receiving the free gift of eternal life is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Son of God, who died on the cross as our substitute, fully satisfying the requirement for our justification, and was raised from the dead.
● Hold a strong reformed Calvinistic perspective (We love you, but 5 pointers need not apply).
● Hold a strong complementarian perspective (i.e.: if you don’t think women should be formally serving as leaders in ministry this won’t be a good fit.).
● Allegorize the Scriptures (i.e.: try to make it mean something other than what the original author intended to his original audience).
● Are overwhelmingly introverted (Ministry involves people.).
● Need micromanagement (We don’t have time for it.).
● Cannot handle amazing summers: hiking, biking, kayaking, mountains, or the beach.
Take a good close read at our doctrine to make sure you are aligned with us: https://www.laceybiblechurch.org/what-we-believe-teach/
Take a look at these core values and ask yourself if they resonate with you: https://www.laceybiblechurch.org/values/
If you haven’t already, look around the website. Watch a sermon. Listen to the music. Is this a place you’d fit into? If so, send me your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get a conversation started.
Oak Hills Church
Oak Hills Church is looking to fill the position of Christian Education director. We are a small but growing church in what is now one of the fastest growing areas in Texas (Argyle and surrounding communities). We move into our new building (debt-free) this November,
complete with a children’s area that is prepared for the growth that is coming. We partner with The Nest, a Christian pre-school that meets in our facility, and they are experiencing rapid growth.
The start-up pay is $10,000. Most of the work takes place on Sunday mornings. There is a budget to hire workers for the nursery.
We are looking for a couple, preferably with kids, who love children and their parents. Christian education is helpful, but not mandatory.
Contact: Mark Piland
Contact Phone/Email: 817-228-3151; email@example.com
Church Website: oakhillsfreechurch.com
Crosspoint Community Church
Crosspoint Community Church is currently seeking a part-time youth pastor who can commit to 15-20 hrs a week. Crosspoint Community Church is a mid-sized church with 140-200 in weekly attendance. We have recently reformatted our children’s ministry and are looking to restructure our youth program. We currently have 15-18 youth. This is a great opportunity to come on board with a phenomenal teaching staff who is committed to the scriptures, serving its community and growing its next generation of believers.
The Youth Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of middle and high school students (grades 6-12). This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events (camps, conferences, trips, service projects, etc.)
Essential Job Functions
1. Lead a team of paid staff and volunteers in the creation and operation of a 6th-12th grade student ministry, including weekly services and routine special events.
2. Plan and execute Biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high energy services for middle and high school students.
3. Create and manage a 6-12th student ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
4. Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
5. Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
6. Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
7. Cast vision for, teach, and program the church’s annual fall retreat for high school students including music selection, development of messages/teaching, and utilization of games and other artistic elements in the inspiration of middle and high school students in learning about God.
8. Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings in order to meet the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
9. Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of student ministry facilities and grounds.
10. Assist in the development of an annual budget for middle and high school student ministries and manage spending to budget.
11. Must be willing to participate and complete continuing education related to youth ministry (i.,e youth conferences, seminars, webinars, online training, etc.,)
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a staff member in a student ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) We prefer an average of 25-30 yrs of age. The successful individual will be a strong leader with proven leadership ability and solid work ethic, Possessing a passion for teaching students about God and the ability to administrate as a department head. A working knowledge of creative programming related to student programs and special events is a real plus.
Contact: Michael Brown
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org