Have you ever visited the Grand Canyon? Weren’t you in awe of it?
John Wesley Powell said, “The wonders of the Grand Canyon cannot be adequately represented in symbols of speech, nor by speech itself. The resources of the graphic art are taxed beyond their powers in attempting to portray its features. Language and illustration combined must fail.”
Some things are so huge, so magnificent, and so beyond the scope of normal experience, they defy description.
The Grand Canyon is like that. And so is the salvation that Jesus brings to you.
Jesus’ salvation is more magnificent, marvelous, and majestic than you can probably know or imagine, or hear about on a typical Sunday morning.
But you can get a glimpse of it.
Here are thirty ways that Jesus brings you salvation. There are more, but this is a good start:
- Jesus takes away your sins (John 1:29)
- Jesus loves you (John 3:16).
- Jesus gives you everlasting life (John 6:47).
- Jesus keeps you secure in His hand (John 10:28).
- Jesus reconciles you to God (Rom 5:10).
- Jesus will never cast you out (John 6:37).
- Jesus does not impute trespasses to you (2 Cor 5:19).
- Jesus redeems you (Rom 3:24).
- Jesus washed you (1 Cor 6:11).
- Jesus clothes you in righteousness (Phil 3:9).
- Jesus justifies you (Rom 3:26).
- Jesus glorifies you (Rom 8:30).
- Jesus makes you a child of God (John 1:12).
- Jesus forgave you (Eph 1:7).
- Jesus forgives you (1 John 1:9).
- Jesus cleanses you (1 John 1:7-9).
- Jesus delivers you from the powers of darkness (Col 1:13).
- Jesus transfers you into the kingdom of His love (Col 1:13).
- Jesus crucifies your old man (Rom 6:6-8).
- Jesus frees you from being a slave to sin (Rom 6:6-7).
- Jesus seals you by the Spirit (2 Cor 1:22).
- Jesus releases you from the law (Rom 7:4).
- Jesus places you under grace (Rom 6:14).
- Jesus makes you a member of His Body (1 Cor 12:13).
- Jesus gives you heavenly citizenship (Eph 2:19).
- Jesus gives you access to God (Heb 10:19-20).
- Jesus gives you peace (Col 3:15).
- Jesus gives you hope (Eph 1:18).
- Jesus gives you rest (Heb 4:3).
- Jesus gives you joy (Rom 15:13).