Do you pray without ceasing?
Do you have a consistent prayer life?
Have you ever grown frustrated at unanswered prayer?
I certainly have.
In his booklet on Prayer, R. B. Thieme lists eight reasons for why your prayer may not be answered by God (see pp. 12-15):
- Lack of faith (Phil 4:6).
- Wrong motives (James 4:3)
- Lack of compassion (Prov 21:13)
- Lack of domestic tranquility (1 Pet 3:7)
- Pride or self-righteousness (Job 35:12-13
- Failure to comply with divine will (1 John 5:14)
- Lack of obedience (1 John 3:22)
- Lack of the filling of the spirit (Eph 6:18a)
Let us grow in our prayer life, by learning to pray in a manner that God delights to answer.